TikTok Music Promotion Strategy – Social media platforms have become crucial tools for artists to promote their music and reach a wider audience.
TikTok, in particular, has emerged as a powerful platform for music promotion. It has enabled artists to gain exposure, engage with fans, and potentially achieve viral success.
While a good music promotion strategy should encompass plans to get the general public to engage with music release on social platforms, TikTok offers an ample opportunity for any release to go viral.
Hence, it is very crucial for an artist to consider TikTok as an important aspect of new music release promotion strategies.
Here’s how to go about TikTok music promotion strategy in three easy steps.
How to promote music on TikTok
Pre-release setup: Distributing Music to TikTok
1. Determine the best part of music to be distributed to TikTok: The first step in TikTok music promotion strategy is to determine the most catchy part of music to be distributed to the platform.
TikTok allows only one minute of sound, released through a music distribution company, on the platform.
Which means that for a particular music to go viral on TikTok, artists must first deliver the best bit of it to the platform in the course of music distribution.
This is probably the hook or the chorus or any other part of the song that artist is convinced resonates with a target audience.
Under this section, you have the options to decide ‘when the good part starts’ or ‘let streaming services decide’. Of course, the option we’re recommending is ‘let me specify when the good part starts’.
With the best part of music decided in the course of music distribution, the next step in our TikTok music promotion master plan is to be done once music is drops on the platform.
Post Release Marketing on TikTok
2. Engage with your release: Most artists, especially the upcoming ones, release music and go to sleep. No viral content. No social media hype. At best, they just post a link to their release on Facebook and Instagram. And that is all there’s to social media promotion for this class of artists.
However, a musical release needs more exposure on social media than posting a mere link. It calls for action to market and engage with your content, especially on TikTok.
As an artist who just dropped a song on TikTok, it is recommended that you use your own sound, it’s a good sign that you proud of what you have done. It is the first step in inviting others to use the sound on the platform.
Interestingly, this is your music. You understand the message better and the best part to be amplified in your viral promotions. Engaging with your sound and challenges on TikTok will encourage others to take on the fun.
3. Choose the Right Song: If the project you’re promoting is an album consisting of two or tracks, it is right to choose a focus-track for TikTok promotion.
Select a catchy and energetic song from the new release that has the potential to capture attention and inspire creativity.
TikTok thrives on short and memorable content, so it’s essential to choose a song that can be easily integrated into user-generated videos.
4. Create TikTok Challenges: TikTok challenges are a popular way to engage with users and encourage them to create their own videos using your song.
Develop unique and fun challenges related to your music that can go viral. The challenges can involve specific dance routines, lip-syncing, or creative interpretations of the song.
5. Encourage User-Generated Content: Actively encourage fans and followers to create their own videos using your music. Run contests or giveaways to incentivize participation and engagement.
Repost or duet with the best user-generated content to show appreciation and foster a sense of community around your music.
7. Collaborate with TikTok Influencers: Collaborating with TikTok influencers can significantly amplify your reach and exposure. Identify influencers whose audience aligns with your target demographic and collaborate on content creation or challenges. This can help introduce your music to a broader audience and increase the chances of viral success.
8. Cross-Promote on Other Platforms: Utilize the popularity of TikTok to cross-promote your music on other social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, or Twitter. Share TikTok videos featuring your music on these platforms to drive traffic back to your TikTok account and increase your following.